Saturday, September 12, 2009

WHERE DID WE BEGIN/

This is a story on how we all began quilting. I found this on Daisy Quilts. If you want to contribute, go there and add your story.
I am 72 years old and have been sewing for as long as I can remember. My mother told me that when I was a baby, I was so small that she couldn't find anything to fit me and so made all my clothes. She didn't have a sewing machine and sewed everything by hand. I remember her making clothes for my dolls by hand. That was when I first became a sewer. Due to finances, when I was in school, I made a lot of my own clothes. When I married and had children, I made their clothes also. I made my daughter's wedding dress and my DIL's wedding dress.
My oldest daughter, a few years ago became interested in quilting and as I started buying things for her, I started reading about quilting and thought it was something that I would try. I retired 5 years ago and with time to do anything I wanted, I took up quilting. I love the piecing part of it, although the quilting leaves a lot to be desired but with practice, I will improve. That's my little story.

No comments: